Ramblings and delusional thoughts

Random thoughts and delusional momements from history, computers, metrication and other bits of nonsense I chose to prattle on about.

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Privacy forms... ask what you are signing!

Had to go to the credit union today to renew some insurance. They stuffed a form in front of me to sign, so as they usually sneak one in on me regularly, I asked just what I was signing.

Well, like negative billing, by signing the form I was not agreeing to secure my privacy but giving them permission to use my information. Well, what for? Just a few innocent things like special promotions and the like. In sort, I was not being asked to secure my privacy but releasing it. What crock of crap!

If I was a normal trusting person I would assume that I was securing my rights, not giving them up. Now, I do agree that the new privacy laws offer some protection (much like a prophylactic does). But the way it is being presented in my local credit union leads me to think my rights were being secured, not relinquished.

But, then again, this is the same bunch that told me they do a credit check on all account applications to assure that the clientel is the best quality. They were the first to get out the forms, supposedly to protect themselves. Personally I think it is a bit like passing gas in a crowded elevator. The first person to sniff the air is usually the most guilty one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home