Ramblings and delusional thoughts

Random thoughts and delusional momements from history, computers, metrication and other bits of nonsense I chose to prattle on about.

Saturday, October 23, 2004

Who would have thunk it?

Back in the sixties I was involved in radio, television and communications electronics. As an avid electronic hobbyist the thought of a computer at home had intrigued me. I had access to all sorts of old stuff, but the thought of rewiring my house pretty well put that off. Intel introduced the 8000 series computer chip and I had a chance to go to a seminar. Pretty well convinced me that they were talking space ships and science fiction. A few of us retired to the bar and pretty well decided that technology was a long way off and going to be pretty expensive. That was the first mistake in judgement (one of many that would follow) regarding predictions of what was coming

tw

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home